Asian cuisine always allows us to use all the raw materials we have in the fridge and unleash our imagination.
These scones are inspired by Chinese Bao, steamed buns usually filled with pork.
The special thing about these Baos is that they are completely vegan and very tasty.
Enjoy them as a snack or for breakfast, if you want to feel in Asia early in the morning!
⌛️ PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
✅ INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
200g of all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
½ teaspoon of instant yeast
100ml warm water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
200g of mushrooms, chopped
50g onion, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
½ teaspoon of dark soy sauce (optional)
¼ teaspoon of pepper
- In a bowl, mix warm water and sugar, then add the instant yeast. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and flour. Use a spatula to mix.
- Work the mixture by hand (or with a mixer) until it becomes smooth.
- Cover and let it rest for 90 minutes or until the dough has doubled.
- To cook the filling: heat a wok over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds then add the onion. Cook for 1 minute, then add the ground pork and mushrooms.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and add the soy sauce, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, pepper, brown sugar and water. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and add the spring onion. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts, shape into balls and crush them with the palm of your hand until you get a disc with a diameter of about 10 centimeters.
- Place the mushroom filling in the center and close the bun. Repeat, then add the sesame seeds by gently pressing the buns.
- For the heart of the buns: heat the wok over medium-low heat with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. Place them inside and cook until golden brown. Flip the buns and add 3 tablespoons of water, then cover and brown until the other side is crisp as well.
- Remove from heat, plate and serve with soy sauce (optional).
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE NOW
If you want to start a metaphorical journey from your kitchen, we recommend you light the incense (with the Suitefood boxes you will always find an incense as a gift).
Imagine your next trip to ASIA, dim the lights and with the background music we have selected for you, start traveling from your kitchen.
SUITEFOOD's selected recipes reproduce authentic flavors.
Each recipe represents a cultural and gastronomic journey.